Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blog Your Heart #2

I love reading Stephanie Howell's blog  and I was so inspired by her post last month to blog my heart so I took her up on the challenge and plan to do that again this month. It is hard to believe that it has already been a month...and it is interesting to look at the place I am in now vs. one month ago.  So...here's what's on my heart. 

1.  I, like Stephanie, have been a bit lax on the old exercising.  At first it was because I physically couldn't do anything due to the fact that I had sprained my ankle and then found out that it was actually a slight fracture...but recently it has turned into just a myriad of excuses.  I hate that I have been like this and I need to get back into the groove. 

2. I am thinking about the fact that I told all of my fellow bookclub readers that they better get reading because we didn't have a great showing at our last meeting...and I end up being the one who is totally behind in the book we have chosen.  I feel like a hypocrite.  I feel like the book club I started so many years ago is losing steam and I love meeting with my girls and chatting.

3.  I am so thankful for the support and help from my friends at school.  As I come in school late, leave early, and am faced with the upcoming 3 days of absences for doctors appointments, I am so thankful that I have people that I can rely on. 

4. I used to be so hard on myself and I have finally realized that I need to put myself first and my job and everything else second.  As I was waiting in the doctor's office this morning for 1 hour and 15 minutes!!!! ( I don't know why this always happens at certain offices- like they don't adhere to a schedule!)  I began to stress out because I needed to get back to school (I only had 1 hour and 30 minutes free because I have back to back prep periods).  And then I calmed myself down and said to myself, "Kristen...there's nothing you can do at this point- just relax- someone will cover for you."   And that's exactly what happened.  So yay to all of my understanding coworkers and yay to me for finally putting ME first. 

5.  My heart is full of optimism as I approach my 3rd IVF treatment on Friday.  I literally just gave myself my trigger injection and with that I am feeling excitement and positive energy.  It is AMAZING how far I have come.  I was the girl who used to faint when I received a flu shot! I was the one who used to get dizzy at the sight of blood, and now, I can inject myself with needles without even blinking an eye.  It's amazing how powerful the mind is and how we are able to achieve something if we put our mind to it.  So if there is something to be said for my battle with infertility- one thing that it has done is allowed me to overcome my fear of needles and fear of blood. 

6.  I continue to think of my dad as he goes through treatments for his cancer.  He is certainly a fighter and we all know that.  Love you dad!

 7.  My grandparents just celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary! That's craziness and seems like an impossibility.  I can't even imagine it.  And as they celebrate, I think about how I wish that our relationship were different. 

8.  I love, love, love having sisters to talk to.  It is possibly the world's best gift.

I think that's all for today.  What's on your heart?

Love, Kristen










3 comments:

  1. Lovely thoughts! Thank you for sharing, and good luck with your treatments. Oh, and you make me happy with your relationships with sisters. I don't have any sisters, but I have 4 girls. I'd like to think they will still enjoy relating to each other when they are grown and gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...good luck with IVF. i will have you in my heart...how exciting. i'm sorry to hear about your dad. hugs and comfort...thank you so much for blogging your heart. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally hear you about #4--I had to remind myself of the same thing in the dr appt this morning. Wishing you the best with your IVF cycle!! It took us 2 years to get pregnant, but it finally happened for us, and I can't wait for it to work out for you, too:)

    ReplyDelete